Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Seventh Review Of E-Book : "Power Of Positivity"

Review by: Dr. Jeffrey Fitzmaurice on Jan. 17, 2012 : starstarstarstarstar
I had the good fortune of meeting Dr.Fred when I first started practicing Optometry with him in 1997. I was full of ambition but a little lost in starting my career and Fred took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. For the younger guys in the practice Fred became known as "Father Fred" because he always took the time to share his knowledge with us and listen to our concerns.
I spent many afternoons with him talking about Optometry but also learning about life. It was during our discussions that he shared with me his struggle with bipolar. If you have ever had the opportunity to meet Fred in person, you would never gather that this was a personal struggle of his because of his upbeat personality.
Reading "The Power of Positivity" took me back to my "Tuesday talks with Father Fred". Whether you or somebody you know suffers from a "mental illness or condition" the book provides not only a better understanding of how somebody can triumph with a condition but it also offers some great life lessons.
I admire Dr. Fred. I think it takes a great deal of courage to open yourself to the world about a condition that can have a negative concatenation. I think the book gave some detailed insight that dispels the stigma of bipolar illness and offers good, functional advice on living.
I keep the book on my iphone (next to my Bible) and when I need to, I go to my "calm center" and read the words of a friend that was and has been a positive influence in my life. Thank you Fred for sharing this with us and being part of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment