Friday, June 10, 2011

"Pausing” Before Interfering.

A very important quality of communication was "pausing” before interfering.
Deliberately bit my tongue and zip my lips at the precise moment that I was tempted to get involved in the lives of those around me. I needed to become aware of my inclination to tell others, particularly my family members how they should be conducting their lives. Even if I hold off for a few moments before I butt in to someone else's business, I would be on my way to allowing those around me to find their anchor within themselves. This new discipline of resisting this habit to get involved by "pausing" before interfering, enabled me to see how capable everyone truly is when they are in the energy field of someone who "allows" rather then  "dictates.”

1 comment:

  1. Amen to this! A lesson I'm learning with harsh deliberation....

    ReplyDelete